It’s Thursday. It’s not the weekend yet, but we’re closer than we were yesterday, and with just one more full day of work, it’s definitely a happier day than Wednesday was. Speaking of being happy, Thursdays are very popular days for Happy Hours. It’s like that little extra push you need to get you through the end of the week. Here’s a little taste of the weekend, Thursdays say to those at Happy Hour, Just a few more hours and you’ll have two full days of this! Like letting a mouse sniff a block of cheese, then putting the cheese at the end of the maze, and watching the mouse run full speed to the end. Hey, it works.
It’s always made me laugh a little to think that these inexpensive, not-yet-the-weekend drink prices are named “Happy Hour” prices, because if they were really only available for one hour, people would be very un-happy. Lucky for working people every where, Happy Hour is really Happy Hours, and usually extends until 8 or 9 in the evening.
Regardless, an hour spent at a Happy Hour is an hour well spent. But I can think of a few other “hours” that make me, or have once made me truly happy:
1. The hour that Game of Thrones is on.
2. The hour it takes to get a manicure & pedicure, a.k.a., getting totally pampered.
3. An hour long massage. I’ve only gotten one once, but it may have been the most relaxing hour of my life.
4. One of the hour-long sets at Ultra Music Festival. Insanity.
5. An hour (and a half) of yoga.
6. Taking an hour-long walk with the pup.
And the actual happiest hour of all….
7. The hour that follows you waking up and realizing your alarm isn’t going to go off for another 60 minutes.
Hope you all have some kind of happy hour today, in whatever form you prefer 🙂
As for me…